A beautiful eco-lodge, nestled in the rainforest on the edge of the famous Tortuguero National Park.
Tortuguero, Caribbean coast.
ModestA good option for the budget savvy traveller.
Access to this delightful eco lodge is only by light aircraft or by boat. Situated in 2 hectares of grounds, this makes for a relaxing stay in the heart of the rainforest. You are just 5 minutes from the entrance of Tortuguero National Park, but the lodge also has its own trails and canopy walk too so you don’t have to venture far. Fall asleep to the sounds of the forest, or spend part of your day sunbathing by the turtle shaped pool, or exploring the gardens. The attractive main areas are a good place to meet and relax with other guests. There are several restaurants and the bar is a popular place to quench your thirst at the end of the day. There is a spa available for pampering after a hard day exploring the surrounding area.
Why go to Evergreen Lodge?
Tortuguero is considered to be one of the most exotic regions in the world with an incredible variety of flora and fauna. This is the place that first springs to mind when thinking of turtles, hence the name Tortuguero. During July and October it is possible to see green turtles laying their eggs, time it right, and you could also witness the hatchlings breaking free from the nest and making straight for the ocean. You are unlikely to see turtles here outside of the nesting season. There are no roads in this area, All transportation and tours are done by boat adding to the remote feel and magical quality of this region.
Wildlife around Evergreen Lodge
Tortuguero is a region rich in flora and fauna. Walking through the hotel trails one can see big trees like the almond mountain tree (macaws love the fruits), cativos, chilamates (giant trees) and plants like heliconias, rubiasas, peperasia and many more. Bird watching is fantastic here too with an abuncance of toucans, woodpeckers and golden orioles. Let us not forget the endearing sloths, white faced capuchins and the raucous howling monkeys which are also found here.
Evergreen Lodge Highlights
- Best place to watch the Green Sea Turtles laying their eggs – July to October
- Bilingual guide throughout your stay
- Accessible only by boat
- 5 minutes from the main entrance to Tortuguero National Park
- Canopy tour within the lodge grounds
- Surrounded by luscious, dense rainforest.
Evergreen Lodge Location
- 55 rooms
- Open all year round
- Bus and boat returns from San Jose and the Lodge.
- Breakfast, lunch & buffet dinner for two days/nights.
- Children under 5 years old stay for free, children from 5 to 11 years pay 50% (maximum 2 children for room).
- Excellent restaurant with buffet style service
- Popular bar
- 24 hour self-service café
- Turtle shaped swimming pool
- Beauty spa
- Canopy tour with 8 platforms
- All rooms have ceiling fans, en-suite bathrooms, hot running water
- Wi-Fi in main areas
- Tortuguero village tour
- Green turtle museum
- Guided walk around lodge trails
- Tortuguero Canals tour
- Boat channel tour at dawn
- Spawning turtle tour (July to October)
Evergreen Lodge Rooms
Rana the frog likes this because…
“The lodge is part of the Rainforest Alliance and work hard implementing policies and programmes to limit their impact on the environment by saving energy and processing waste products, recycling where possible and contributing to the local community.”
And don’t forget … for every booking we get, Costa Rica Specialists plants trees in deforested areas of latin America through The Travel Forest, and we back The Tribes Foundation’s conservation and social projects.
Take the plunge...
We know and love Costa Rica, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Costa Rica holiday. Call 01473 599085 and speak to one of our Costa Rica travel specialists today.