Enjoying a magnificent location where the Gulf of Papagayo meets the tropical forest.
Papagayo Peninsula, Guanacaste.
This stylish resort offers relaxation and comfort. Overlooking Papagayo Gulf, one of Costa Rica’s foremost coastal destinations, and set among tropical forest, you can divide your days between easy downtime on the two quiet beaches and exploring nearby national parks with their varied flora and fauna, as well as enjoying the hotel’s facilities. These include 2 pools, 1 family-friendly and the other adults-only, and the Onda Spa where you can submit to the expert ministrations of the therapists and enjoy a purifying steam room. There are 3 restaurants, each offering different cuisines in distinctive settings, great places to enjoy good food and company. There are several grades of rooms, all combining local décor and modern conveniences such as air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, minibar, TV, en-suite bathroom with all natural or aromatherapy toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. All have private balconies.
Why go to Andaz Papagayo
Enjoy the resort’s facilities: swim in the infinity pools, indulge mind, body and spirit with a visit to the spa, savour delicious cuisine at the resort’s 3 restaurants, and take in views of Culebra Bay from your balcony. A short stroll brings you to not one but two secluded beaches where you can lie back as you perfect your tan, listen to the sound of the breeze in the trees and the waves on the shore, cool off in the waters of the Pacific Ocean and try watersports. Nearby national parks offer the chance to hike through the tropical, marvel at wildlife, gaze on volcanic peaks and soak on thermal springs. You’ll also have access to tennis courts and the 18-hole Arnold Palmer-designed championship golf course, while at Papagayo marina offers fishing trips and catamaran cruises.
Wildlife around Andaz Papagayo
The trees around the resort are full of life. Watch howler and white-faced monkeys, iguanas, hummingbirds and butterflies, and snorkeling from the beach you can spot many tropical fish. Travelling a little further afield you can visit Palo Verde National Park, known for its mangroves, swamps and lagoons where there are hundreds of species of neotropical birds including curassow, jabiru – the largest stork in the world, ibis and many ducks. Mammals found here include deer, armadillos, coatis, agoutis and monkeys.
Andaz Papagayo Highlights
- Fabulous views over Culebra Bay and Papagayo Gulf
- Stylish resort design that blends into the hillside
- Laze on a private beach
- Choice of 3 restaurants
- Spacious suites with private balconies
- Watch birds and monkeys in the gardens
- Enjoy a massage at the spa
- Kids club and family pool
Andaz Papagayo location
- 153 rooms
- Open all year round
- Minibar with soft drinks and snacks, local phone calls, Wi-Fi and wired high-speed internet, scheduled transport between 06:00 and 18:00 throughout the Papagayo Peninsula, non-motorised watersports at Sombrero Oscuro beach, Andaz-branded flip flops, straw sunhats
- Children under 12 stay for free when staying with 2 adults in a deluxe room or suite with 2 queen sized beds. Breakfast is of course included. The restaurant has a children’s menu for young visitors
- There is free Wi-fi in all rooms and social areas. All rooms have telephones. The resort has good mobile reception.
- 3 on-site restaurants
- 2 swimming pools, 1 adult only
- Onda Spa with 9 treatment room
- Gym open 24 hours a day
- 2 private beaches with watersports
- Display of local art
- Volunteer programme to help the local community
- Free Wi-Fi internet access.
- Free snorkelling, paddle boarding and kayaking
- Surfing and diving tours can be arranged
- Boat trips from Papagayo Marina
- Massages and yoga sessions
- Visits to national parks can be arranged
- Go hiking in the tropical forest
- Soak in hot springs at Rincón de la Vieja
- Opportunities for ziplining, canopy tours, rafting and tubing
- Golf course and tennis courts nearby
- Wildlife river cruises
Andaz Papagayo rooms
There are 153 rooms including 21 suites, 4 of which have plunge pools, and 1 is the presidential suite which features a full-size pool.
Fred the frog likes this because…
“Alta Las Palomas works with the community in the San Jose, providing employment opportunities and assisting educational projects, and promoting awareness of the importance of conserving the environment.”
And don’t forget … for every booking we get, Costa Rica Specialists plants trees in deforested areas of latin America through The Travel Forest, and we back The Tribes Foundation’s conservation and social projects.
Take the plunge...
We know and love Costa Rica, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Costa Rica holiday. Call 01473 599085 and speak to one of our Costa Rica travel specialists today.