With its relaxed atmosphere, excellent facilities, proximity to rainforest and activities, and strong eco credentials, Casa Luna is a popular accommodation choice in the Arenal area.
1km from the town of La Fortuna.
Mid-rangeOverall good quality. This is a wide category, but you can expect a comfortable stay.
Built in 2006, Casa Luna Hotel and Spa was designed to provide modern comforts whilst adhering to high levels of sustainability. Rooms are laid out in unobtrusive 2 storey buildings looking out over the gardens which are full of lush vegetation and brightly coloured flowers, with others located in the gardens. The restaurant is open to the breeze and the sounds birdsong, and serves local and international dishes. Guests are invited to relax, whether by the large pool, in the Jacuzzis or at the spa with its broad range of treatments. The views from the hotel take in the volcano of Cerro Chato and the Los Perdidos hill, as well as Arenal, which gives the feeling of the hotel nesting in a sheltered valley. You have access to the many activities within Arenal National Park and at Arenal Lake, plus various excursions, to help you explore and enjoy the area.
Why go to Casa Luna?
With all the wildlife and activities of Arenal National Park and Arenal Lake within easy reach, your days can be as full as you like, and you’ll also have the chance to visit waterfalls, go horse riding and bathe in hot springs. You’re welcome to remain at the hotel whenever you wish, making use of the pool, jacuzzis and spa, savouring the chef’s creations and simply resting. This combination of activity and relaxation makes Casa Luna a very attractive place to stay.
Wildlife around Casa Luna
The hotel works continually to regenerate the areas around the river which flows through the property and there are now small forested areas where you can observe a large variety of birds like toucans, parrots, tanagers and hummingbirds, as well as iguanas, lizards and howler monkeys.
Casa Luna Highlights
- Views of Arenal and Cerro Chato
- Bird watching in the gardens
- Tour Arenal’s hanging bridges
- Windsurfing, kayaking and fishing on Arenal Lake
- Indulge yourself in a spa treatment
- Enjoy ‘gallo pinto’, the traditional dish of rice and beans
Casa Luna Location
- 42 rooms
- Open all year round
- Daily Breakfast
- Children of all ages welcome
- Restaurant and bar
- Swimming pool
- 4 jacuzzis
- Gardens with areas of forest and a river
- Internet access
- Guided morning and late afternoon bird watching tours
- Guided hike at Arenal plus optional hot springs visit
- Arenal hanging bridges and canopy tour
- Trip to the butterfly gardens and frog farm
- Water-based activities on Arenal Lake
- Visit La Fortuna Waterfall
- Tour Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Rio Celeste springs and waterfall
- Horse riding
Casa Luna Rooms
Take the plunge...
We know and love Costa Rica, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Costa Rica holiday. Call 01473 599085 and speak to one of our Costa Rica travel specialists today.